IN THE UNIVERSITY OF CAMBRIDGE.
WHAT WE DO
WHO WE ARE
An investment club is a group who meet for the purpose of discussing investment; members typically meet on a periodic basis to discussing investment decisions as a group with voice recording, gather information and perform investment transactions outside the group. Investment clubs provide members a means to learn about markets, while meeting and working with people who have similar interests. We also hold an annual investment competition for our members which is very exciting! (Compare 6 month performance through different types of virtual investment.
Please join us and discuss about trading & investment together in varying pubs and colleges in Cambridge!!!
Please send us an Email, if you have any kind of questions, such as how to find good financial information. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Our email address is: email@example.com
——— Junhao Zhang (张君豪), President
A stock index is a hugely important part of our financial world, but it is nothing more than a number representing the top shares from a particular exchange.
The foreign exchange market, popularly known as forex, is the decentralised international market for buying and selling currencies.
A commodity is a natural resource that can be processed and sold. Commodities that are tracked in the financial markets include agricultural goods, metals, energies and minerals, among others.
THE SIX PRIMARY STRATEGIES
Win or lose, everybody gets what they want out of the market.
Some people seem to like to lose, so they win by losing money.
Provide liquidity in stocks by posting bids and offers in order to collect ECN rebates without requiring capital gains.
• Most prevalent in higher volume, lower volatility stocks
• Tolerates small trading losses
• Post to buy shares, upon execution immediately post offer on the inside market to sell position thus capturing rebate from ECN with or without capital gain
Regulatory exemption to reduce spreads by creating a more liquid market.
• Profit earned from the spread between the bid and offer as well as ECN rebates for providing liquidity
• Designated market makers (DMMS) with obligation to maintain an orderly market by providing a required amount of liquidity in specific stocks
• Suplemental Liquidity Providers obligated to maintain the national best bid or offer 5% of the trading day
Monitor for stocks that show significant changes in movement and/or volume.
• Constant monitoring of thousands of stocks for mechanical signs of announcements, rumors, news items
• Identifies stocks that meet a threshold level of variance in the rate of change of price action and/or volume and buys/sells accordingly
• News story causes spike in price and large jump in volume, algorithm rapidly buys
• Algorithm recognizes a major uptick in the pace of the bid being hit and shorts stock until pace declines
Identify temporary supply‐demand imbalances and trade with short‐term momentum as equilibrium is restored.
• Can overlap with filter trading style
• Typically very rapid entry and exit of stock attempting to extract small capital gains
• Detct large buying interset creating imbalance, buy shares and hold until price is reached where selling pressure creates equilibrium and price action stalls
Exploit pricing differentials between correlated securities and markets.
• Often uses multiple exchanges and various asset classes
• Defines maximum range of variance and takes counter trade when that range is exceeded
• Derivative prices and the underlying asset (call option and the stock)
• Exchange-traded funds against the holdings
• Highly correlated stocks (Pepsi and Coca-Cola)
• Companies and their input resources (Gold miners and gold commodity)
Discover technical setups based on pre-defined recurring patterns in stocks prices.
• Selects stocks that fit particular technical patterns that have been shown to create favorable risk-to-reward opportunities
• Entries and exits are precisely defined price points based on rules of technical analysis
• Track stocks crossing 5-day moving average and buy or sell on cross and close position after pre‐defined profit objective is met
We are happy to hear anything from you!